Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chariots of Fire Clip




"...when I run, I feel God's pleasure."

My parents are watching the movie "Chariots of Fire" in the other room.  It reminded me of this scene, and the awesome quote in the middle of it.  I love the truth that our God, while angry at sin, is an exceedingly happy and joyful God.  Indeed, he is far happier and takes far greater pleasure in things than we do because his capacity for it is infinite.  And I believe God delights in and sings over his creation and creatures.

Friends, let God into every inch, every nook, every cranny, every light and dark space of your life and heart and soul.  Give yourself wholly to him, and whatever you do, in word or deed, do it as unto the Lord.  God will meet you in unexpected places and in unexpected ways, and I pray that we would all find our joy in Christ alone.  When we hold fast to Christ and lose to everything else (like winning races), we will then be able to worship ever more freely and enjoy God ever more fully, even in things like races.   The different things populating God's creation make horrible gods when we depend on them as gods, but they make for great opportunities to worship when they are seen as grace gifts of the God who is really there.  The Giver of good gifts is then glorified.  To God alone be all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment