Monday, February 28, 2011

John Piper - Subjected in Hope

The following is a message by John Piper preached at the Village Church in Texas. The pastor of the Village Church is Matt Chandler, who is about thirty five and was diagnosed with brain cancer around Thanksgiving of 2009. Honestly, I hope to walk through my trials in life with the grace and faith that Matt has shown in the midst of this trial. He is doing well now, still preaching, and one of the most amazing things about the whole deal was the perspective he was able to take on God's sovereignty in suffering. Piper's sermon here - and this theology of suffering explained elsewhere - has very deeply impacted the way that I think about the world. Out of all the talks I have posted, I would rank this one very near the top because I can easily see these being the things you might hang onto in times of crisis. Soli Deo gloria.

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/conference-messages/subjected-in-hope

No comments:

Post a Comment